Forwarding to another phone
Note: If at all possible consider forwarding to an email address. You can usually access an email account from your other phone, and from your PC, tablet etc. Replying to text from email is also simple and natural.
Note: Install PhoneLeash on the phone whose texts you want to forward. You don't need to install anything on the destination/target phone, to which texts are being forwarded.
- Download PhoneLeash from the Play Store, or from www.phone-leash.com
- Accept all the permissions requests -- they're are all required for PhoneLeash to work
- Select the "phone number" option
- Enter the phone number you want to forward incoming texts to. Double-check this number!
The first time, leave everything at defaults. You can come back later to turn on other options.
On the final screen, you should see a message pop-up briefly saying "PhoneLeash is registered".
When testing, don't text yourself, or text from the destination phone to the PhoneLeash phone. Use a third phone. You should see the text forwarded to your destination phone within a few seconds!
PhoneLeash should be installed on the phone whose incoming texts you want forwarded. The other phone (forwarding destination) does not need any app.
If you don't see the forwarded message in your second phone:
- double-check that your entered the destination number correctly during PhoneLeash setup
- If you have any firewall or anti-virus apps, turn those off and test again